Saturday, December 08, 2007

Week 49 of year 2007 on the double bass

2 Dec 2007, Sun: I practised one of the studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. The objective was to first work on the rhythm, then the intonation.

3 Dec 2007, Mon: For a short half-an-hour, I practised a few bars from the fourth movement of Mahler's Symphony No. 1. The focus was to appreciate the intervals between each of the various notes, and to improve the intonation.

6 Dec 2007, Thu: I spent about 20 minutes working just six bars from the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major. The key focus was to work on achieving a focused intonation and articulation.

8 Dec 2007, Sat: In the evening, I practised the first double bass parts from Tony Osborne's Blues Style and Ragtime. I also attempted another work, and playing at the thumb positions proved to be something that I would need to improve upon.

No comments: