Wednesday, August 26, 2015

23 June 2015: A short walk near Symphony T-station

Boston Symphony Hall.

After a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts on 23 June 2015 (Tue), I realized that it was not feasible to visit the nearby Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum on the same day. In fact, it looked like I would not be visiting the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum during the June 2015 trip to Boston.

Going with the flow, I decided to head for the Symphony T-station. I had wanted to get a glimpse of Boston Symphony Hall, the performing home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. There was no concert by the Boston Symphony Orchestra that evening so I spent time enjoying the beauty of the facade.

The Christian Science Church, Boston, at a distance.

Nevertheless, I had the pleasure to walk about the area to enjoy the neighbourhood of what was probably commonly known as Back Bay. I even managed to take a sneak peep at the building facade of the Christian Science Church from a distance. I later learnt that immediately tot he right of the church, there is the Mary Baker Eddy Library and Mapparium. Due to the interest of time, I had missed it.

On my way back to the Symphony T-station after a bit of walking about, I stumbled by a musical instrument store, Rayburn Music, that dealt with repair and maintenance. It seemed to specialize more in wind instruments and there were hardly any string instrument in sight. What an adventure.

Rayburn Music
238 Hungtington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
Boston Symphony Hall
301 Massachusetts Ave
Nearest T-station: Symphony

Rayburn Music Instrument Company
238 Hungtington Avenue
http://www.rayburnmusic.com
Nearest T-station: Symphony

No comments: