Tuesday, August 18, 2015

22 June 2015: Mike's Pastry, possibly Boston's most popular pastry shop

Florentine Cannoli from Mike's Pastry.

The North End of Boston is well known for its many wonderful treats to food especially in the evening. Nearby the Italian restaurant, Giacomo's, there are many other food establishments and restaurants.

When I met up with one of my friends, Emz, while I was visiting Boston in June 2015, she brought to my attention a pastry shop called Mike's Pastry. After a dinner at Giacomo's, our next stop was Mike's Pastry

Mike's Pastry is a pastry store that specializes in Italian pastries, for example: cannoli, ricotta pie, rum Cakes and Wedding cakes. Mike's Pastry claims itself to have make everything fresh on the premises. 



I was too full to eat anything immediately after dinner so I ordered a Florentine Cannoli to take away. It was USD$5 each. The attending staff at Mike's Pastry nicely placed my order in a box and tied the box nicely with a string for me to carry my order about. When I ate a cannoli from Mike's Pastry, my humble taste test agreed with the claims. The cannoli was fresh and delicious. I generally do not have a sweet tooth, yet the delicious cannoli that I had from Mike's Pastry makes me crave for a lovely sweet pastry treat.

Mike's Pastry on a weekday afternoon.


The front lobby of Mike's Place functions as a no-frills cafe whereby guests can enjoy the food and drinks from Mike's Pastry's. This is a lovely arrangement for guests who prefer to dine in.

Mike's Pastry on a weekday evening.

It is observed that in the evening, Mike's Place is especially crowded with queues. This could be a sign to say that Mike's Place is perhaps one of Boston's most popular places for Italian style pastries. In addition, I saw a photograph of Mike's Place being put up at the Hostelling International Boston that I was staying in. This could show that it is well-endorsed by the locals?

Anyway, my learning point is that all pastry-lovers will make their visit to Boston complete by visiting Mike's Pastry to eat at least one of the delicious pastries. 

***
Mike's Pastry Inc
300 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113
USA
https://www.mikespastry.com
Nearest T-station: Haymarket station.

No comments: