Sunday, June 11, 2006

Drawing Near

Yesterday, I received a letter from the Exams Board regarding the date for the double bass practical exams. I could now sense a bit of anxiety in my heart as the letter means that the date is drawing near, in fact, sooner than I had thought. Those familiar with the workings of the Exams Board would probably have greater clue to infer how soon the exam date will be.

But to postpone it didn't really seem to resolve the issue (not knowing the actual date till the very last minute means that it would be difficult for me to make arrangements to know when exactly to take leave from work), so the plan now is to work towards sitting for the exams. Though I do admit that there were points in time when I still continue to question my level of being prepared for it, to such extent that the thoughts of sending that letter of withdrawal had surfaced.

Would having lesser time help me to get more achieved instead of causing more anxiety? The relaxed and calm state of the mind often has greater powers to surmount the odds when it comes to playing music, won't it?

Keep me fingers crossed that all shall be well.

Hurdles to clear:
- That piece from List B
- Deciding whether I should even play the excerpt from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony
- Work on the aural test
- Work on the Sightreading
- Not forgetting, I should still continue to work on playing the scales (Considering that I had failed this section during the last exams)

If there's any anxiety, maybe I need a pacifier?

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

don't worry. just do it. focus and do it. you will be alright. plan a timetable now. you will be fine.