Monday, June 05, 2006

City and the rum

It was a stifling day yesterday, probably an indication of a collapsing inner world?

I decided to go out for a walk. Nevermind if doing so may tire the feet even more. Traffic conditions in the town area of Singapore appeared pretty heavy in the late afternoon. I see cars lining up on the roads, but all were almost not moving much. Thank goodness I was travelling about on foot.

In the evening, after dinner, I was tempted for some dessert. I decided to stop by a cafe. I decided to try what appears to be tiramisu. I should have known better, the item that I had decided to try was called ti-rum-mi-su (or something similar). This dish has Mascarpone Cheese as one of its ingredients and the topmost layer is sprinkled with chocolate powder. It looked nice when it was served. But, I don't like the taste of rum! I did not feel like savouring the dish, and merely tried to finish the cake. The cheese and the chocolate tasted nice, but I just could not get used to the taste of rum.

Maybe too much walking about the city has upset yours truly's sense of judgement. No more rum in the future.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

i would've thought it was typo!
hope you are feeling better today.

car@ said...

oH PY!!!! as a rum fan i am also a tiramisú fan!! ;-P

Sorry you did not like it, i think it is a really good desert.

How are things? hope you feel better soon. I might need to find my inner peace too sometime...
HUGS AND FLOWERS!!! :-)

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: I thought it was either a typo error or marketing gimmick initially, until I have tasted the rum.

SA: Technically speaking, traffic at that part of Singapore on a Sunday should not have been so bad...Anyway, hope you will find tiramisu soon.

Cara: I like tiramisu, but not rum. Let's wish each other success in finding our inner peace.