Sunday, August 26, 2007

Magnetic Band – Ghost Opera & The Mad King

This evening, I attended a concert by the Magnetic Band. It was an interesting concert, and it certainly got the audience's senses up and alert. I felt that the Magnetic Band had used elements of theatre-performance while performing the music.

There was a pre-concert talk prior to the concert, and I thought it was a good idea to have one. It gave me better appreciation to the processes involved in rehearsing the two works and more information on the works.

Meantime, readers may visit the following links below to find out more about the two works:

- Tan Dun : Ghost Opera
- Interview re: Sir Peter Maxwell Davies' Eight Songs for a Mad King (Writings by James Wierzbicki)
- Peter Maxwell Davies

I am glad that I went for the concert. It is quite rare to hear these works being performed in Singapore.

Congratulations to the performers for having put up a successful concert. The turnout was pretty good.

No comments: