Monday, August 06, 2007

What's up this week?

I have taken leave from work from tomorrow till the end of the week. Wish me good luck. There seems a lot to be accomplished.

Much of the time would probably be spent practising and writing programme notes. One of the joints of my little finger on my left hand is giving me some pain, and I wonder if I should consult a physician to see if there is any dislocation or injury. I know I can be rather bothered by injuries on my limbs and fingers.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting Emily to go for The Tipple Exchange™. I have enjoyed all the previous The Original Singapore Walks that I have attended, and I hope this one would be good too. Interestingly, the tour would take one to Traditional English, Irish & Singaporean pubs. It would be one of those few occasions when I would visit a pub.

Wednesday's evening will be reserved for orchestra rehearsal. Strangely, I prefer if it wasn't held that day. That would have freed me up to attend something else held that very day. Then again, some obligations and responsibilities are difficult to shake off.

Thursday is National Day! I wonder if I should visit the Singapore Science Centre that day to check out the CHINA: 7000 years of Innovation that day or on this Friday. I don't particularly need to check this exhibition, yet it seems a good idea to know more about Chinese innovation and learn about the Chinese civilisation.

This Friday, there will be some maintenance work at the block of flat that I live in. The supply of water to the pipes will be disconnected from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. It may not make practical sense for me to be at home the whole day due to the inconvenience.

On Sunday, I shall set time to attend a concert at Esplanade Recital Studio, Singapore. One of Emily's compositions, Quartet 25 will be performed that day.

I hope I can survive the following weeks. This afternoon, I was at the verge of wanting to escape from this world. Probably I was feeling overwhelmed.

1 comment:

Simple American said...

Enjoy your time away from work. I am so excited that you and Emily are taking this walk. I know there will be pictures and some posts soon. Woo hoo! I feel like a kid before Christmas.