Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week 32 of year 2007 on the double bass

5 Aug 2007, Sun: Practised selected passages from Marcello's Sonata in G major. In particular, much of the session focused on practising the third movement, making sure that the rhythm was accurate.

7 Aug 2007, Tue: I spent quite a bit of time practising Faure's Sicilienne. Afterwhich, time was spent playing Marcello's Sonata in e minor.

9 Aug 2007, Thu: I practised the third movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major and focused on the rhythm and the achieving of the legato effect using the right hand. In addition, I played through Lennox Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro.

10 Aug 2007, Fri: Double bass lesson was held in the morning. I worked on Faure's Sicilienne and Lennox Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro for the lesson. Rhythm, I need to master it.

***
It has been a challenging week emotionally. I wish for speedy recovery. I shall practise the right-hand technique for next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really hats off to you on how hard you practice. Keep it up but take care of yourself first.

oceanskies79 said...

Dawn: Thanks. Yup. I need to recover.

Simple American said...

Glad to see some practice happening despite your pain. Hang in there and get better.