Saturday, April 05, 2008

Week 14 of year 2008 on the double bass

30 Mar 2008, Sun: Are there time when one does not have to mood to practise, but discipline urges one forward?

Anyway, I did a sight-reading of one of Bottesini's studies. Afterwhich, time was spent practising Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. Concentration level was not optimal.

31 Mar 2008, Mon: I practised a few tunes from Hartley's Double Bass Solo 1. I need to work on achieving better bow-change.


2 Apr 2008, Wed: I practised a section from the first movement from Capuzzi's Concerto in D major. I needed my work on the semiquavers passages.

Afterwhich, I practised part of Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. Realising that I am beginning to lose the sense of novelty in the music, I stopped.

3 Apr 2008, Thu: During the double bass lesson, I sight-read studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Book One. Although I had to sight-read a few studies that were in the key of E major and Ab major, it was slight much easier than sight-reading exercises with rhythms that are not straight-forward.

After that I continued to work on Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. Now I could hear how the soundscape of this work was probably intended to sound like. My tutor reminded me to work on improving my vibrato technique.

No comments: