Friday, March 18, 2005

Weekend's Here, Finally

It must have been an exhausting week at the workplace. Somehow, I felt pretty exhausted by the end of the day. I have a feeling that it was due to the cumulative effect of five busy and tiring days.

Perhaps that was why the speaker who spoke at yesterday's dialogue session hypothesised that a number of social workers have left the profession after some years of service due to high workload and unattractive monetary remuneration? I don't know. I don't have answers to everything.

Such has been a busy week that I have been looking forward to the weekend by 4 p.m. this afternoon. Anyway, I could not afford to even wait at the desk for the official knock-off time to come. I never could. The best that I could afford is a 5-minutes break to attempt to make my mind more refreshed and focused.

There were a lot of paper work to be done even though my client who was supposed to see me at 4 p.m. had failed to turn up. So I worked on the paper work, and by the time I was done with one pile of it, it was time to knock off. Another pile is still sitting on my office's desk to be attended to next week. Thank goodness there weren't anything particularly urgent that needed me to work overtime to finish up this evening. I badly needed a break, a weekend break. Finally! Weekend's here! Time to rest and refresh.

No comments: