Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ending the work day feeling perturbed

The work day started off quite alright. I had a meeting with one of my colleagues to plan for the next session of a group programme for children. It was an enriching experience to discuss and plan for this programme with this colleague of mine.

Following that meeting, I attended a case conference session. During this session, one of the professional staff would have to present a case, and the rest of the professional staff would meet to contribute ideas and feedback. Such sessions are meant to provide platforms for the professional staff to exchange learnings and insights.

In the afternoon, there was a very heavy downpour. Somehow, the rain seemed to add more blues to my day.

Today must have been a day of meeting, after I returned from lunch, I could only have about an-hour-and-a-half to follow-up on a few of my cases. Before I knew it, it was half-past-three in the afternoon, and I had to attend yet a meeting. That was a meeting to discuss about the standard operating procedures and guidelines for one of our centre's programmes.

After the meeting ended, I received a note from the receptionist that one of my clients had called. I returned call. That was a call that turned out to make me feel upset, and rather perturbed. For the reason of confidentiality, I could not share about the case here.

In essence, I could just say that I wished I had the luxury of time to manage the cases on my hand the way I would have preferred. With more than 50 cases on hand and several other work commitments, I felt I was not given my clients and cases the due attention that I would have preferred to. Maybe I was worrying too much. I wish I was.

Maybe I should ask myself: "How do I juggle better?". Yet, maybe that was not the question at hand in the very first place.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

i feel your situation. i hear what you are not saying. i also admire your sincerity in the handling of your clients, which you would, if you could, differently, if you were allowed more time. take care pei yun, don't get burnt out. some things are out of your reach and control. you can only do justice by availing your best to what you are allowed within the restrictions. i am with you all the way! :)

Goat Almighty said...

break a leg!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Mistipurple and Mr Loobz, thank you for your comforting and encourgaging words.