Saturday, April 23, 2005

Aching and Tired

Today is the day that I am scheduled for Saturday work duty. It was rather disappointing that two of my clients did not turn up for session. If I were to look at it differently, I could say that their missing of the sessions gave me time to catch up on paper work.

The work day on Saturday ends officially at 12 noon. I went out of the office to buy lunch and brought it back to the office. I had lunch in office, and to keep my ears entertained, I played a recording of all the four of Brahms' symphonies. I had to wait till 3.30 p.m. to meet a few colleagues to set off to a venue to organise a talk there. My centre's director was the speaker for the talk.

So today was a long work day on a Saturday.

Right now, my right shoulder and neck are aching. They have been aching since earlier this week. The aches make me feel more tired at the end of the day.

Anyway, the consolation is that despite the aches, I was still able to play relatively well on the double bass. I played most of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5. on the double bass, and my intonation had improved a little. I had wanted to play more than 60 minutes, but I realised that my mind was feeling tired to be productive, so I called practice a day.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a pleasant day. I will be spending some nice time with my good friend, Mystic.

2 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

you sure enjoy your solitude in music.

mistipurple said...

hope your ache goes away soon. enjoy your day out with Mystic!