Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Lucky Star

Luck seems to be on my side for today, at least in the morning.

My usual weekday routine on the way to work is as such: I will tune in to the Symphony 92.4 FM, until I reach my office. Even if I were to meet any of my colleagues by chance on my way to work, I will still prefer to have the ear-plugs in my ears so that I can listen to the radio station via my radio receiver. Symphony 92.4 FM is a classical music station dedicated to playing the best ensemble of instrumental and orchestral music, operas and operettas, Broadway hits and scores of movies and TV theme songs.

This is my way to attempt to start my day right with good music. As such, I have not much room for too much unnecessary conversations with others during this period of time when I travel work. It may help make people feel less rejected by my apparent lack of interest in being involved in a conversation during that period of time if they could understand this period of time as sacred time to start my day with a positive note.

Anyway, today the lucky star was with me. I listened to an interview of Ni Hai Ye on the air. That made me quite interested in listening to Singapore Symphony Orchestra's concert this coming Friday. The reason being that Ni Hai Ye will be playing Elgar's Cello Concerto In E minor, Op. 85 during the concert, and I would like to hear it. In addition, I quite like the other item in the programme, which is Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade, Op. 35.

So when the presenter announced that there will be a pair of free tickets given away to the first caller who calls in, I took my phone and wanted to test my luck. I got in. This was the third time I got in this year. The lucky star seems to have shone on me. There was definitely a grin on my face when I realised that my call had gotten through. I am thankful that luck has been on my side.

Hope some of the light from this lucky star shines on you too.

3 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

i start my day with lush 99.5

mistipurple said...

lucky ocean! you deserve this. you're a sweet kid!

Lora said...

Wonderful! Enjoy!