Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Wet Day

The accumulated effects of a busy week has left me feeling rather tired at the time of writing.

The weather was rainy when I woke up this morning. If not for the thought that I would be meeting someone to view a few double basses in the late morning, I might have continued to catch up on my sleep. In a tropical country like Singapore, somehow a rainy morning seems to make it cooling for one to continue lying in bed.

Met Dinah and Emily at a taxi stand. We met the manager there of a music shop and he drove us to a warehouse to view the double basses. The double basses were considered value-for-money for its price. They would have been great for folks who have tight budget and are looking for a double bass for a beginner. A pity that these instruments may not be the ones that we were looking for. We needed something that would better serve our orchestra's current needs.

After viewing the double basses, the ladies and myself went for lunch. We had Korean food. The day continued to be wet throughout.

In the afternoon, I visited my maternal grandmother, and took time to catch up with her.

When I got home, I was feeling pretty drained and tired. I had wanted to practise, but I decided I needed a rest.

Hopefully, with the rain of today, tomorrow will be a clear day. Then, usually with a clear day, the weather would be good for photography.

6 comments:

mistipurple said...

is there any particular type of double basses you are looking for? i might be able to help you!

Emy said...

i've updated the post on hOLLAND V!!!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Emily. Thanks for the post. I have visited your blog and read it.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Mistipurple, thank you for your kind offer.

I am looking for a double bass for the orchestra that I am playing in. I am looking for a double bass which would be at least fit for an advanced student. One that will sound good in the orchestra. One that will be value-for-money.

Like the bass that I saw yesterday, it was value-for-money. But we were looking for something meant for more advanced players.

The difficulty of telling whether a double bass fits the bill is that one has to play on the double bass before one can tell its value.

I didn't expect help from you. But if you do know of a reliable source, please give me a post, I shall check it out if it is within my reach. Thanks again.

mistipurple said...

because i saw that you had a tough time going round many places, i wondered if i could help you. firstly, i have contacts with music shops and i could probably get a good price for you, and secondly, if you have a reliable source from overseas and are assured of their quality, i could probably order them in for you at a good price. only problem is that you cannot try the ones from overseas, but if they are of good name, i think they should be reliable. don't worry, i just want to help you. not feasible never mind ok? :)

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks for the thought mistipurple. You do things in nicest way.

I don't know any source yet though...