Friday, April 29, 2005

Looking forward to a long weekend

The weekend that is to come will be a longer weekend for me. Firstly, I am not scheduled for work this Saturday. Next, 1 May 2005 (Sun) is Labour Day, a public holiday. Since the public holiday falls on a Sunday, one gets a public holiday in lieu on the following day, i.e. 2 May 2005.

So this weekend is a longer one. Hopefully I could find a chance to recharge over this weekend.

Next week shall be a shorter work week for myself. I needed to give myself a little treat. A treat to taking time out from work. Henceforth, next Friday, I will be taking leave from work for a day. Yours truly, the birthday gal to-be ought to learn to take breaks like this to treat herself. Next Friday isn't my birthday, but I thought of taking leave so that I could use that day to do what I would like.

Until my sense of responsibility starts acting up and urges me to think of how to complete those piles of work in the office, I shall simply sit back and enjoy the weekend. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

enjoy your long weekend and the next friday! don't worry about work, it will always be alot and no amount of conscientiousness (if there is such a word) will make it any lesser.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Mistipurple, same to you. *winks*