Friday, June 03, 2005

Waiting

It reads "May cause drowsiness". On the flu tablet that I was prescribed.

I just took it about half an hour ago.

The phlegm and the discomfort from the flu have made it difficult to put myself to sleep too easily. Having a blocked nose at some point in times have also made it hard to ease myself into sleep. I am now just waiting for the medication to take its effect, and put me to a drowsy state such that sleep could be induced.

***
Attended a performance earlier this evening, and the performance felt as if it was spilling with energy. Those rhythms from the music and the dance still seem to beat in my ears and heart. Those rhythms are certainly not very sleep inducing. But precisely so, they make the performance worth a watch.

Just in case you wish to know, the performance was part of the Singapore Arts Festival. It's titled Stravinsky Dances and is a World Premiere. I caught the performance at the Esplanade Theatre. It has been quite a while since I last been there. The concept and choreography was by Marie-Claude Pietragalla.

Quite an effective concept and choreography, at least from a non-dance-expert's point of view. There was never a dull moment. Of course, I welcome your comments on this performance if you have watched it.

Yours truly managed to stay alert throughout. I actually had a pair of binoculars with me, but I never got to use it. I was more keen to see "the big picture". The only thing I had to bear with, was my occassional urge to cough to clear my throat. Theatre etiquette may not quite welcome constant coughing during the course of the performance, so I tried to hold myself from coughing.

***
The medicine seems to be taking some effects. I hope I could get a good sleep tonight. Somehow this waiting has taken a little longer than I thought. Waiting seems in itself, an act of faith.

Till my next post, wishing you a good weekend.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

thank goodness for the weekend and you can have a good rest. i hope you will get well before the week is over. try not to take long walks tomorrow or sunday because it is not advisable for a recovering or recovered patient to do exercise, esp in our kind of weather lately.