Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The rain can kill

I am waiting for a day of good weather and it has yet to come.

***
Today, I claimed time-off in lieu and left office by mid afternoon. There was orchestra rehearsal in the evening, so I headed for the university.

Met Emily for dinner at one of the restaurants located within the university compounds. It is called Munchie Monkey.

For a price of no more than $10, I could get myself a serving of pumpkin soup and a plate of crayfish with pasta. While I had wished there could be more servings of crayfish, Emily told me that the servings at Munchie Monkey is considered generous for its price. Anyway, I quite like the hot tomato sauce in which the linguine was served with. It tasted good.

If the undergraduates are looking for a venue to enjoy affordable dining, this is one place to consider for its value-for-money. At least, eating at Munchie Monkey is likely to be much cheaper than eating in restaurants in the town area, and the quality of the food is quite comparable.

***
I had double bass sectional. It has been pleasant to have double bass lessons.

For orchestra rehearsal, I could not believe it that we had actually played the complete Brahms' Symphony No. 2 from the first movement to the fourth movement. I felt we were playing in a rather rushed fashion at certain points in time though. Maybe I have a secret fantasy for the world to slow down to my desired pace?

During the orchestra rehearsal 15-min break, Emily helped to give me some cadences identification exercises on the piano. But it looks like I would need much more help?

***
What is a killer is the weather. It was pouring heavily tonight. The heavy rain has made it dfficult for one to travel home. There were puddles of water everywhere, and I do not like wet grounds.

Pardon me, I am imagining the rain drops to be like heavy weights of liquid falling from the skies and when it hits one, it could kill. This is metaphorical perhaps? I think if the weather were to remain so wet and rainy for the next few days, my moods may really go down very soon. That feeling alone may be enough to kill?

So I decided to distract myself by listening to the rhythms of the falling raindrops. Nature do have a way to help one see things from a brighter perspective even though it may at the same time bring one to experience gloominess.

Keep warm meantime. The weather seems to be getting colder. Maybe the world is too?

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

it poured and poured these couple of days. i was amazed my umbrella kept me quite dry, walking in the rain after work.
thanks for your heater at my blog. kept us all warm. :)

pinkie said...

I'm waiting for sunshine....

Emy said...

we can prac cadences again! =)

oceanskies79 said...

thanks, Em.

Pinkie: Me too.

SA: I wish I could send the rain over.

Misti: My pleasuure. The rain's kind to kind folks like you.

dreaming-neko said...

it can... if you let it.
but we are all still breathing :)

keep warm and dry.