Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Untitled 3 Jan 06


Singapore River. Taken on Cavenagh Bridge.


There is a sombre mood for much of the day. Yet, I shall be thankful that the skies have been so nice to me today. Greeting me this morning is a clear blue skies with nice-looking fluffy white clouds. As such, this long phrase was coined in my mind when I was on the way to work this morning. I made it part of my MSN nickname for the day. Now my nickname stands at "oceanskies: when darkness fills the eyes, look out to the beautiful skies and be soothed".

The world has been kind to me. This morning, on the way to work too, I received a nice and delightful text-message via the mobile phone from Socialpest today. So nice of socialpest. Thanks for the message, Ameera.

There has been quite a lot of work to do. That is an understatement. It is the first workday of the year and I really hope that the statement that I am making today is simply temporary. There's so much to do that I have not much time to respond or appropriately react to the many news around me. Cheer me on please my readers.

Maybe the world knows that I am someone who enjoys nice sights, as such the postcard from JY reached me today and I got to catch glimpses of how Hall's Croft looked like. Hall's Croft, according to the postcard, is the home of the physician John Hall, who married Shakespeare's eldest daughter. Timely arrival of the postcard to greet me with nice sights when I got home from work at about 10.20 p.m. tonight. Thanks JY.

So I should be feeling blessed. In fact I am. I am able to return home without having to worry whether I would have food for my next meal. Yet, that sense of gratitude just did not seem to have much effect to brighten that general dull feeling. How shall I get over it soon?

I was tempted to consider doing two long-day walks on the coming weekends. Yet, I am not sure if I should doing so. My feet are aching, and I am not sure if this was due to too much walking? I have been investing on comfortable shoes already, but are aching feet an indication that I need better shoes?

Let me distract myself: Talking about getting shoes, it reminds me that I am supposed to get new clothes. I dread the thought that the Chinese New Year is coming soon (29 and 30 Jan 2006 for this year). The Chinese has a custom of wearing new clothes for the Chinese New Year. I don't quite like to shop for new clothes. Firstly I don't like to be shopping with the crowds but it is now the festive seasons and most of the Chinese will be out shopping for new clothes for the New Year. Secondly, shopping has never been a therapy for me, at least when it comes to shopping for clothes. Please keep your fingers crossed that my mother won't breathe down my neck to get me to get new clothes.

Poor Mystic had so kindly accompanied me to shop for new clothes before last year's Chinese New Year, and I must have been one of the worst friends to go shopping with. I should thank her for bearing with me. I hardly bought a single thing after one entire day of walking and trying to shop.

So you could see, that there is a lot in life that one is grateful of. The sense of gratitude does cushion off some of the down moments in life, yet itself alone may not fight the blues away.

For now, I urge myself on. Tomorrow there will be orchestra rehearsal, and it shall be a better day, since it is the day for orchestra rehearsal. I hope we will be playing at least one movement from Brahms Symphony No. 2.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

wow, you're so dedicated to your music. and you're working full-time. kudos. anyway, it's nice that you enjoy your orchestra sessionals.

pinkie said...

talking about CNY clothes and shoes, am itchy to blog about it too!

As for work... Hang on, and you know that you are not alone okie.