Thursday, October 26, 2006

This should be fun

I've found out that there is an upcoming project called Explore Singapore!. I understand that this project aims to spark a national passion in discovering and learning about Singapore's heritage.

This should be fun, but I cannot seem to be able to check out the details today. For some reasons unknown, (since ages ago) I have not been able to install Macromedia Flash Player 8 on the personal computer that I use at home. I was able to download Macromedia Flash Player 8 from the web, but I was not able to install it successfully?

Can anyone advise me how else I can install Macromedia Flash Player 8?

Maybe this is a hint that I need to get a new PC soon, but I decided that I have other more important priorities that I prefer to put my money on.

Anyway, if you can, maybe you could check out this site: http://www.yesterday.sg/explore and tell me more about this project. Thank you in advance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi PY,

Due to the new release of Flash Player 9 (now under Adobe which has acquired Macromedia), there have been some installation issues. This is my suggestion:

1) Follow instructions to uninstall previous versions: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

2) Download the new Flash Player 9 here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW

* Note: When installing/uninstalling, close all browser windows or applications

oceanskies79 said...

Hi JZ, your method works. Thanks a million. :)

I am now finally able to view the site. Yeah!