Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Sweet Onion scent on me

For the whole of this evening and throughout today's orchestra rehearsal, I just felt as if I was smelling of Sweet Onion.

I had orchestra rehearsal earlier this evening, after my work. Way before the rehearsal started, I bought myself dinner from the Subway Fast-food outlet located within the University's compounds. I opted for Cold Cut Trio 6-inch sandwich with Sweet Onion sauce (take-away order). Usually, I would opt to have Honey Mustard sauce to go along with my Subway sandwich, but for a change, I decided to ask for the Sweet Onion sauce.

Actually the Sweet Onion sauce tasted fairly good and went fairly well with the sandwich. However, half-way while eating, I found liquid dripping on my pants and clothes. That liquid was the Sweet Onion sauce. I had expected the Sweet Onion sauce to be viscous like the Honey Mustard sauce, but it is not. It turned out that the Sweet Onion sauce flowed like liquid from the sandwich to my clothes. In the end, I simply felt that I smell of Sweet Onion after the dinner.

***
I had a tiring day, and I felt tired even before the start of the rehearsal. I am still feeling tired right now.

Tonight's rehearsal started with rehearsing the 3rd and the 4th movements of Sibelius' Symphony No. 2. Maybe I ought to travel to Finland, Sibelius' hometown, to truly appreciate Sibelius' music. I still find it hard to relate to his music. How does the Nordic world look like? How did Sibelius seek to describe the Finnish landscape in his music? I found it fairly difficult to enjoy the first half of the rehearsal.

Perhaps my mood has not been in its best due to poor health and tiredness, I did not find it joy in playing Rimsky Korsakov's Easter Overture, that was rehearsed much later, either. Yet, it felt much easier to relate to the Easter Overture than the Sibelius' symphony. But I have never been to Russia.

Anyway, after tonight's rehearsal, the orchestra shall start its exams-break. Rehearsal will resume only in December this year.

***
Right now, I could hardly care about writing a nice conclusion for this post. Now the Sweet Onion scent is off me. I shall be more careful if I were to order Subway sandwiches with Sweet Onion sauce in the future.

2 comments:

pinto said...

Will you be performing at UCC some time next year?

oceanskies79 said...

SA: Thanks for the description. I can now imagine snow covered fir trees on the hill side but I have no idea how such a landscape should sound. Maybe I need some sound effects of the cold wind.

Pinto: Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. I heard that the university orchestra that I am playing in (as alumni member) will be having a concert at UCC next year in Feb or March. I may be playing for a chamber concert at LT13 sometime in January, if things work out.