Monday, October 09, 2006

Coming Next Year

The musical, The Phantom of the Opera, will be performed right here in Singapore from 23 Mar - 15 Apr 2007 at the Esplanade Theatre.

I have only watched this musical once, when I was in London last year. Right at this point in time, I remember the music better than the visual-scenes. This could be partly because I have a copy of the original cast recording, and that I listen to it every now and then. I love the music. Visually, I can remember the scene whereby there was a crashing down of the chandelier, the graveyard scene and the scene whereby the Phantom rows the boat with Christine on it. This is one musical that is entertaining to catch.

I have Emrah to thank for he recommended this musical to me. This musical was so popular in London that I had to purchase the ticket more than two weeks before I had reached London. It was full-house when I caught this musical in London.

Public sales starts from 6 Nov 2006. For ticketing details, please check out http://www.sistic.com.sg/cms/events/index.html?content=525

To find out more about this musical, you can check out its official website: http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com

2 comments:

pinkie said...

I wish I have the budget to catch this one... am trying to convince myself that at least I've watched it before, so it's alright to miss... good for you if you are going :)

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: I am still thinking if I should get the tickets for this. My experience was that I enjoyed the music more than the visuals. I wonder who would be playing the music for this production held next year in Singapore.