Sunday, October 29, 2006

Going to visit Hainan, China

Yesterday, before meeting my friend, I went to sign up for a travel insurance for myself. I will be visiting Hainan, China, from 9 to 13 Nov 2006. The main purpose of the trip is to visit my paternal relatives who are living there.

In my opinion, I think it is a good idea to purchase a travel insurance if I were to travel overseas. Nowadays, there are quite a number of travel insurance packages that are affordable and have fairly good coverage. I think it is worth the money to spend just a little more so as to help cover some of the potential unforeseen risks that one may be subjected to while travelling overseas.

I had an encounter with a foreigner who got really sick and needed to be hospitalised in a foreign land but had no travel insurance coverage. In the end, his accompanying family member had to worry about paying for his large amount of hospital bills and the emergency medical evacuation expenses.

That encounter reminds me that life can be unpredictable, and of the ease of mind that purchasing a travel insurance can provide to some extent. While I hope I can be safe and sound throughout my trip, at least if things unexpectedly turns out to be different, I would be less likely to end up in a financially stuck situation.

***

In case anyone were to ask, I will be going to Hainan with my parents. To be truthfully, I don't fancy the idea of going there with my parents. I can't be sure if they may end up nagging at me when I am there (and I don't like it when others breathe down my neck). I prefer to be on my own to do things, at my pace. I have preferences and values fairly different from my parents and I suspect that we might end up with conflicts when deciding on how we can spend our time there. I won't mind conflicts if it can be resolved amicably and differences be appreciated, but I fear otherwise.

Anyway, please wish me a safe and a sound journey.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

wish you a good trip.
and i hope you and your parents will have a great time there.
take this chance to fill in your memory bank for time spent with your parents!

oceanskies79 said...

I hope so. I hope it is a memory bank of good memories...