Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night

Vincent Van Gogh is one of my favourite painters. This is a nice site with information on Van Gogh's works: http://www.vangoghgallery.com/index.html

Somehow the night felt melancholic, and I am humming Don McLean's hit song Vincent once again. There is a page from the site mentioned above that attempts to relate the lyrics of Vincent to Van Gogh's life. The URL is: http://www.vangoghgallery.com/painting/starrynightlyrics.html

As best as I can remember from the art history books that I have read, Vincent Van Gogh went through much difficult times in his life-time. But I would like to think that he has great passion in painting, especially in painting Nature. Because Vincent Van Gogh had pursued his passion with all his soul, his works speak and move the hearts of many, even hundred of years after he has left the world. Vincent Van Gogh's legacy, I should say.

What legacy would I leave behind one day?

2 comments:

Shaun said...

Oh you mentioned one of my favourite songs by Don, the others being 'Crying' and 'Castles in the Air'

oceanskies79 said...

SA: I have been. just that I can't see what lies way ahead, like most folks.

Shaun: I guess I must have been missing out on the nice songs. I might have heard those other songs by Don, but the only one that I can remember by its name is Vincent.