Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unconditional Love

During a meeting today, the concept of "Unconditional Love" was brought up briefly. This concept has been often brought up during professional meetings held at my workplace. Today, I felt like sharing this concept with readers reading this blog.

Upon reflecting upon my practice with people from all walks of life, I wonder: Would unconditional love, starting with loving oneself unconditionally, be one of the answers that could help people heal from very painful or bitter life experiences?

I don't have the answer.

Anyway, here's sharing Unconditional Love (starting with you) by Kathy Brandt. It is quite an insightful read.

As I reflected, I could at least say that I have been practising the use of unconditional love when interacting with people close to me, particularly on friends and family members that I hold dear in my heart. Then again, possibly, my unconditional love for my parents may not be able to match the love that they probably have for me.

***
On the side, here's wishing my Mum safety and all the best for the day surgery that she will be going for tomorrow.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

is mom okay?

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks Misti. The operation went well. Thankfully.

pinkie said...

Hope your mom will recover soon. Take care.