Saturday, December 18, 2004

SSO Subscription Concerts

The Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) has an efficient team of ticketing officers, in my opinion. It was only last Saturday that I had post by mail my subscription order form to subscribe to a number of the SSO's concerts scheduled next year. According to the notice, it would take about two weeks before I could get the tickets sent to me by post. Faster than I had expected, I received my SSO tickets last evening. This means a processing time of less than a week.

Since I attend quite a number of the SSO's concert each year, I have found that it was much cheaper to subscribe to the concerts instead of purchasing the tickets individually from the ticketing counters.

Some of the repertoires that I look forward to hear next year are:

  • CHEN GANG/HE ZHANHAO- Butterfly Lovers Concerto
  • MENDELSSOHN - The Hebrides, Op. 26 "Fingal's Cave"
  • BEETHOVEN- Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73 "Emperor"
  • BRAHMS- Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op. 90
  • BEETHOVEN- Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • BEETHOVEN- Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 61
  • RACHMANINOV- Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini, Op. 43

No comments: