Friday, December 31, 2004

Updates of Tsunamis Disaster

For the past few days, there have been news about the tsunamis disaster. It is saddening to know how a natural disaster like this could take away so many invaluable lives, and uproot countless of homes.

In my capacity, I contributed a donation to the Singapore Red Cross Society, specifically to help the victims of the Bay of Bengal earthquake and tsumami waves. Hopefully that could help the victims in a small way.

If you are keen to lend your helping hand, there are many ways that you could help. You could check out these sites to find out how to help: Channel News Asia - How can I help?, BBC News - Asian disaster: How to help?

An acquaintance from the U.S. was sweet to write an email to find out if I was affected by the tsunamis. I shall update that I am safe and sound. Thank goodness to the geographical location of Singapore, the tsunamis has not affected the country of Singapore. Yet, I could not remain indifferent to this disaster that has brought severe destruction to several regions. It often brings sighs to know that the death toll keeps getting higher each day.

If I were to look at a positive side of this disaster, perhaps it is that we could see the good side of humanity. People all over the world are doing what they could to help the victims of the disaster, and to offer help to rebuild the lost homes. Hopefully, mankind would better appreciate the value of compassion and that of mutual help.

There are serveral online sites with quite good news about this recent tsunamis disaster. I shall end this post by listing a few:



And last but not the least, I thought this article was worth a pondering upon:
World helps - but will it forget?
By Paul Reynolds World Affairs correspondent, BBC News website


No comments: