Sunday, December 12, 2004

XXII

XXII - This refers to one of the chapters from The Little Prince.

The little prince was speaking to a railway pointsman, and at that moment, an express train arrived. The little prince saw people in great hurry, and asked "what are they looking for?".

Yet another express train with thousands of passengers arrived. And then a third one. Curious as a non-inhabitant of planet Earth, the little prince asked the railway pointsman "Are they chasing the first passengers?".

He got a reply, "They are chasing nothing at all. They are asleep inside there, or else yawning."

I am not skilled in literature to truely interpret the works of Antoine de Saint-Exupery. So I shalln't. This chapter just strikes in me that there is a possibility that one may risk being busy chasing nothing at all when one does not know what he's looking for. I fear I might be one of them.

No comments: