Friday, January 02, 2009

My New Year's Eve and New Year's Day

Sentosa in the background. Taken from Vivocity.


I have a lot to be thankful for.

I spent the last day of the year of 2008 with a meaningful meeting with a few friends-cum-ex-colleagues at The Mussel Guys Seafood and Steak Restaurant, enjoyed a Hot Chocolate Paradise with soy milk that provided instant relief to the pain from menstrual cramps, and was fortunate to receive numerous New Year greetings. I even had the good luck to meet a long-lost Primary School class-mate by chance on the MRT train.

The New Year greetings continued to flow in when the new year started. The thoughts that came with the greetings count way more than the words used in the greetings.

There were a lot of lovely things to be thankful for the day.

Goldilocks and I watched Australia in the evening. It was a touching and inspiring movie. I think I was tempted to watch it partly because I had visited Australia a few months ago. More importantly, a part of the plot speaks of the Japanese forces that bombed the city of Darwin. In case you don't know, yours truly has a fascination with learning about World War II. I don't like war. It is just that there are many important lessons that I think we can draw from the World War so as not to repeat the same mistakes again. The movie made me think quite deep about issues revolving around dreams and life-stories. How does one make one's life a meaningful story and expression of one's special gifts?

Many thanks to Goldilocks for her treasured listening ear and companionship over dinner after we had caught the movie. She gave me a lovely treat to almond drink which supposedly is nourishing for the throat. Thank you Goldilocks (JY).

Earlier the New Day's day, I was also blessed to meet people who were friendly and helpful to me. A security officer even pointed me to the eatery (Ayam Penyet Ria) that sells nice Ayam Penyet when I asked him for directions to the eatery that is well-known to sell nice Ayam Penyet. The Ayam Penyet is nice. The only issue is that nowadays, I prefer to eat vegetables and more vegetables, tofu and more tofu!

Meantime, I hope you have had a meaningful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day that you are grateful for. May joy be with you, each day!

3 comments:

j0ce1yn7an said...

Happy New Year to you!
May your new year be filled with happiness and joy. Do continue with your personal reflections, they have been very much inspiring =) Cheers!

eastcoastlife said...

I watched movie with Jaymes too on New Year's Day. We were at Marina Square.

Happy New Year! When shall we have a meal together? Very soon it's going to be Chinese New Year! :P

Doreen said...

Glad you had a meaningful and enjoyable time!

I had a very quiet NY eve and spending my NY day having a BBQ at a colleague's house followed by a couple of boardgame sessions. (^_^)