Thursday, January 22, 2009

Read: Paulo Coelho's The Valkyries

Thanks to one of my dear friends who strongly recommended that I read Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist. Admittedly, her words carry weight (at least to me), and I got myself a copy of The Alchemist within 48 hours after she had made the recommendations. I am glad that I have acted on her book recommendation and read the book.

Subsequently, I went on to read Paulo Coelho's The Pilgrimage. Today, I have just finished reading yet another of Paulo Coelho's book The Valkyries. I borrowed this book from the library about slightly more than a week ago.

This is a thoughtful read. As its synopsis said "The Valkyries ultimately delivers a powerful message about forgiving our past and believing in our future." Indeed, there is a powerful message in the book.

I was fascinated reading about how the protagonist embark on a journey to learn about how to speak with his angel. I like to believe that angels do exist.

The Valkyries is moving and thought-provoking book to read. I think soon enough I may get another book by Paulo Coelho to read.

Meantime, the next book on my reading list is Robert Cormier's The Bumblebee Flies Anyway. This book is yet another book recommendation by the very same friend who had recommended me to read The Alchemist.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

thought provoking inspirational books are good for the soul. :)

the word verification is 'prove'. just thought it was apt.