At the same time, one thing that could make me pissed off is when I sense that someone is not making any attempt at all to try to understand me. I tend to have an instinctive reaction not to wish to communicate further. I think I needed time-out to process and wait for the time when I feel it is worth the effort to communicate again. Well, admittedly, I must say I ain't someone who can be understand easily.
My MBTI profile states that I am an INFJ. Of course, there is some slight chance of error, but until evidence points otherwise, it does appear quite an accurate profile.
This is a humble attempt to list down some resources which discuss the characteristics of an INFJ. While I don't necessary agree with all of the things that have been stated, the general characteristics of INFJ do appear to be a good start to understand an INFJ. I don't necessary possess all the characteristics in full degree, I suppose that is what MBTI terms as uniqueness within the same MBTI type.
Meantime, thank you for bearing with the technicalities on this post. Hope you could gain some insight to the personality of an INFJ like me.
- http://www.uta.fi/~kt22588/profile/profile.htm (Kalman's INFJ page)
- http://www.infj.com/INFJ_Handbook.htm (The INFJ Handbook)
- http://www.infj.org/infj-list.html (INFJ Mailing List)
- http://www.infj.org/infjcharacter.html (INFJ Characteristics - INFJ Mailing List)
And for your convenience, here some characteristics of INFJ taken from: http://www.infj.org/infjcharacter.html
- quiet leaders
- great depth of personality - intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even themselves
- abstract in communicating
- live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities - part of an unusually rich inner life
- artistic (and natural affinity for art), creative, and easily inspired
- very independent
- orderly view towards the world but within themself arranged in a chaotic, complex way only they could understand
For those who know me personally, please do give me your comments as to how far you think the INFJ profile fits me. Thanks.