Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Not as bad as I would imagine

I gave an external presentation this afternoon. If you had read my post last night, you would have an idea of the kind of pressure I had subjected myself to. This lady who is writing this post has admittedly, a fear of not being good enough.

It went well. And yah, it is such a nice feeling to have completed the presentation without any major hitches. Maybe I shouldn't have given myself so much pressure. I could remember how nervous I was, almost trembling briefly while waiting to be asked to enter the presentation room. Good thing was that there was a short period of refreshment time for the audience just before the talk. I made use of this time to ground myself, calm myself down, and to make brief eye contacts with the audience who are at that time, enjoying the refreshment.

So all went well in general. There were some areas I wished I could have done better, but anyway, it's over, and I shall give myself a breather.

Many thanks to my friends and colleauges who have lended their ears to listen to me ventilate about the pressure that I am feeling. Thank you for your support and encouragement.