Thursday, October 21, 2004

Antibiotics: Friend or Foe

For some reasons, I have been on antibiotics on and off since early September. First it was the infection of the tooth area. Later, I had to take antibiotics after the removal of the wisdom teeth.

Today, the doctor 'awarded' with yet a course of antibiotics. Not the infection of the jaw or the tooth. It's UTI again. The doctor suspects that the bacteria the previous time has not been fully eliminated, so now it strikes agin.

Antibiotics, I am not sure if they are friends or foes. They help me fight the bacteria. In the ancient days when there are no antibiotics, I would suppose many could have lose their lives because antibiotics were not available to fight bad infections. Then again, it is rather cumberson to make sure I complete the course of antibiotics without having to miss a dose. It is a regime that takes self-discipline and a fair bit of memory.

Whatever it is, I suppose I would get better soon. I hope.

No comments: