Monday, November 22, 2004

Fascinating Roof Top

The Roof Top at the Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay was opened to the public when I was there last Saturday. As best as I could remember, it has been closed for quite a while to have a landscaped garden put up there.

There is quite a nice view from the roof top. I especially like the view that faces the waters, the mouth of the Singapore River, and the Marina Bay. The views on the roof top can be quite interesting too. I will try to make an attempt to bring friends up the roof top if I were at the Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Good things are meant to be shared.

Actually, I won't mind if there is no landscaped garden there. The landscaped garden is nice. At the same time, I would prefer the kind of open, spacious feeling that the roof top had offered in the past, when there was no garden in sight. Anyway, I suppose the landscaped garden would be nice for many people as the plants will help to bring down the temperature of the heat circulating on the roof top.

Evening view.  Posted by Hello


I find that being up on the roof top tests one's observation skills. If one is observing hard enough, he or she can often find interesting views.

For the photo found above, I had wanted to capture how the evening sunlight falls more on certain part of the dome structure, and hence creating a contrast between the light and shadow areas of the dome. Could be improved upon.

For the photo found below, I am quite attracted by the repeating patterns on the glassy dome shape structure. The reflection on the glass panels also looked quite interesting, and the transparency of the glass offers one a peek into the world within the dome.

The beauty of glass. Posted by Hello


Garden on a roof top. Somehow this reminds me of an advertisement for some high-rise condominiums. Posted by Hello


No comments: