Sunday, November 07, 2004

Saying Bye to Penang - 6 Nov 2004

Ring... The alarm clock was set to ring at 5.30 a.m. We had a plane to catch at 9.30 a.m., and we needed to be at the hotel's lobby to meet our chauffeur at 7.30 a.m. Our chauffeur would then drive us to the Penang Airport.

Before we had breakfast, we checked out of the room. It took faster than I had thought, it was possibly less than five minutes to check out. We left our luggage at the Concierge while we went for breakfast. We had breakfast at 6.30 a.m. There were only a few other guests in the restaurant at that hour of the day.

After breakfast we waited for our chauffeur, and when he came, we were on our way to the airport. The experience in Penang has been a generally pleasant one. The memories shall stay. I took photographs of Penang while I was on the way to the airport. That was one of my ways to capture some of the sights of Penang.

After the checking-in at the airport and clearing the immigration, my friend and I eventually boarded the plane at about 9.30 a.m. I was glad that we had decided to travel by plane. I could not imagine myself travelling between Penang and Singapore by bus or train. It would have taken too long a time to my liking.

When the plane departed, I said "bye" to Penang. Thank you for the pleasant memories.

No comments: