Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's Deepavali

Today happens to be a public holiday in Singapore. It is Deepavali today. A literal translation for Deepavali is Festive of Lights. It sympbolises the lifting of spiritual darkness, and is celebrated by various groups of Indians.

Since today is a public holiday, I have the pleasure to be at home at this time of the day, on a weekday. This would give me some time to recharge from my tiring day yesterday.

Yesterday had been a tiring day for me. After work, I went to consult my dentist because there was some sharp sensations that I experienced on my lower right jaw. I was worried that it might have been another infection, so I went to see him. He did a thorough examination and assured me that the sensations on the right jaw could be due to the growing of the bone of the jaw at the site of operation where I had removed the wisdom tooth about 2 months ago. There was no signs of infection that could be found, and I had no fever either. So I felt more assured.

After seeing my dentist, I took a bus to travel to the town area of Singapore. I was trying to get a gift. I was not sure of what to get. Anyway, I found something which I thought might be useful. I just hope that my simple gift could come in useful somehow to the friend whom I would be giving it to. That was yesterday.

I am feeling a bit bored today. I am not in the mood to play on my instrument this morning. My body still has this sense of general lethargy, and I figured that I needed to give it time to gradually recharge. What I needed now is some rest, and a gentle nudge from myself to remind myself not to feel too overwhelmed by a general sense of stagnation. I just felt I was not getting anyway. Hopefully, it must have been that I needed rest to recharge. The past few days have been spent trying to see clients and work on paper work at the workplace.

I think I must have worked myself quite hard for the past few days. So maybe it is time for me just to catch up on my rest. Meantime, a Happy Deepavali to you.

No comments: