Tuesday, November 16, 2004

If I were to die in a month's time

It could have been a result of the book that I was reading some time ago. It was Morrie in his own Words by Morrie Schwartz. Somehow, it got me to think a bit more about my own mortality, about issues related to death and dying, and life.

I started to ask myself this question: What would I do if I were to die in a month's time? And I don't have a clue to it. Somehow, there was no sense of urgency, nor fear which I had felt when I asked myself this question. Perhaps it could have been too premature a question to be asked?

There was some slight displeasures with how I am leading my life currently, in that there were dreams unfulfilled. If I were to die in a month's time, I wish I won't have to end up in despair, or perhaps in a hospital to waste my time away. There is still many things I wish to experience but have yet to. I think if there's only a month's left in my lifespan, I would want to travel to see the museums in Europe, and more importantly, experience the culture and lifestyle of the people of Europe. Then, I would like to share these experiences with others. I think I would wish to learn how to make sculptures, learn to compose music, create more artworks.

Seriously, I think I have yet to fully appreciate the value of asking myself this very question of What would I do if I were to die in a month's time? I have a feeling that I have yet to answer this question in depth. I think if I did, I would have learnt to better appreciate the full value of life, and tried to live life to the fullest, to the way that would best allow me to contribute to it. Perhaps such questions of such depth needed time for exploration, only then would the answers slowly unveil. Such might be a proactive search requiring patience and time.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

i actually find life rather meaningless and sad cos you eventually die on the people you love, or vice versa. Disregarding religious implications, where i might say that we live for the betterment of afterlife.