Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Craving for a nice breakfast

I am craving for a nice breakfast.

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. It is lovely to eat breakfast when the day feels early. When the sun is not as scorching as that in the afternoon, and the air still has some lingering mist from the morning dew.

The last very nice breakfast that I had was at Conrad Centennial Singapore's Oscars Cafe & Terrace. The breakfast is nice, and I like the fruit juices. The cereals are nice too. What is most delightful is having the good company of one of my good friends. That was a breakfast to thank my friend who had very kindly helped to accompany me on the piano during my double bass music exams.

Of course, I had lots of breakfasts since then. These breakfasts are rather average. Mac Donalds is average, but I shall go because there is nice company. The breakfasts at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is only so-so, for its price. The breakfasts at the Penang's City Bayview Hotel is nice because I had a good friend as company, even though the breakfasts there were just acceptable. Even average breakfasts will keep me relatively happy. For me, breakfasts are meals to look forward to. Maybe for now, I am expecting a little more, and I am now looking forward to having a nice breakfast.

I heard from one of my friends that Father Flanagan has a nice brunch menu, and the selection appeared to be quite to my liking. Maybe I shall try having breakfast there in the near future. I still have yet to celebrate my passing of the ABRSM music exams. That could prove be one reason to give myself a nice breakfast once more.

Well, actually, nice breakfasts are extra nice with good company. I am not insistent on Father Flanagan or Oscars Cafe & Terrace. I am great with the Olio Dome at the Singapore Art Museum, it serves good breakfast with nice ambience.

For now, I shall just crave for a nice breakfast.

P.S. Maybe xxxx could take my hint. If not, I shall be patient.

No comments: