Monday, November 01, 2004

First Day of November

Today is indeed a busy day. I must have worked quite a bit today, so much so I felt very tired physically and mentally when I reached home from work. I left office at about 7.55 p.m., trying to finish all the case recordings for the day. The official knock-off time was 5.30 p.m., and I was surprised that I could have the stamina to last till 7.55 p.m. I definitely had no overtime to claim. Not in this case. Whatever it is, hopefully I have earned myself some peace of the mind by clearing what needs to be cleared by today.

So much so for the back-to-back meetings. I didn't manage to write all my case recordings during the session, so I ended up writing many of them after the official knock-off time. I am thankful I have music from the classical radio station to keep me company while I work on the recordings. Somehow, classical music gives me a momentum to do my work. I can't imagine myself tuning to pop radio stations, if I had to listen to one of those not so good pop works, I can surely get irritated. The classical radio station is a better bet, in my opinion, because most of the works sound more or less acceptable to me. I suppose for a piece of classical music to withstand the test of time (for some, it is the test of centuries), it must have sounded pretty good enough?

I am feeling rather tired now, and as I look back, I realised I have accomplished quite some things today. At least I managed to see my clients, and finished the case recordings for today. I had time to try to sort out the details for the talk. So now, I feel I have less things to worry about work when I go on my vacation to Penang tomorrow.

I have packed my luggage for the trip. Meantime, please wish me a Bon Voyage. Thank you in advance. Please take care too.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

bon voyage. do enjoy yourself! good to take a break sometimes. am too tied up at the moment and working 7 days! but i try not to think of it as work. mind over matter. i try to think of it as just passing time, akin to watching tv, etc.