Thursday, November 25, 2004

Looking forward to my penpal's next mail

I am now waiting for my pen pal's next mail. The person who is coordinating this pen pal project has informed me early last week that she would post the mail written by my pen pal last Friday. It should take about 5 - 7 working days for it to reach Singapore from the US.

I understand from the coordinator that it took about 10 - 12 working days for my mail to reach my pen pal. So my pen pal have to learnt to appreciate how much more patience one would need to wait to receive a snail mail as compared to an email.

One of my good friends reminded me that we must be thankful that the Singapore postal system is comparatively efficient. Usually if we post any local mails by 5 p.m. (or 7 p.m. in some cases), it would reach the recipient by the next working day.

I remembered that there was once when I was on vacation and I had sent a postcard from a part of Malaysia to one of my friends, and it took about two weeks for it to reach Singapore. By the time it had reached her, I was already back in Singapore for more than a week. We suspect there was some delay of the mail on the way.

Hopefully it won't take long for my penpal's next mail to reach me. I wonder what he would write about this time. This will be his second mail to me.

No comments: