Friday, February 04, 2005

Headaches and Impatience

It must have been the effects of poor sleep, high workload and bad weather, I started having headaches after noon hours today. A rather nagging series of headaches, and I could only be thankful that the headaches weren't too intense.

Furthermore, my colleague and I had to conduct yet another series of one-to-one interview and a short group activity session with another group of students. This time, there were six students in total. Thankfully, I managed to survived the session. My colleague was helpful in helping to cover some parts for me when I hinted that I needed a break at certain moments.

Another co-worker was supposed to go with us to the school to interview these students. His role was to observe how my colleague and I conduct the session, and to observe the group dynamics. We were running late and badly needed to leave our office by 12.30 p.m. latest. It did test my patience a lot when it was already 12.32 p.m. and the co-worker was still at his desk attending to work, and he said he has yet to have his lunch.

In order to be in time for the session and to see to some logistical matters, my colleague and I had to excuse ourselves first. We asked the co-worker to meet us at the school instead. So he had to travel to the school on his own. Perhaps that could be the best way for things to work out? At least we could be in time to see to what needs to be seen, and he could have a bit more time to pack his things without having to feel pressurised to rush.

Well, if it did seem like I had an overdose of impatience, then blame it on my headaches. Maybe this could be a post on "Excuse Number Three"? *laughs*

No comments: