Monday, February 21, 2005

Too much smoke in the air

I read from the news that the weather has been very hot of late. The recent heat wave has triggered a series of bush fires at various parts of the Singapore island. Right now, as I am typing this post, I could still smell the burning smell of smoke in the air. Perhaps my nose is extremely sensitive to carbon ashes in the air.

Not a good day, I am beginning to miss the fresh air. About a few hours ago, I felt I was having symptoms of heat stroke, so I tried taking more water in hope of relieving the symptoms. My motivations to practise on my instrument was badly affected. I am feeling sad that I have no consolation from practising to humour me today. Yet, I fear I have no focused concentration today to do my instrument justice. Sullen me. Blame it all on the smoke, if this should help make me feel better.

Maybe tomorrow may be better, I hope?

2 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

this weather is sure a killer, alright. i'm prone to heat injuries. dont know if i'd survive my reservist this year. boohoo.

mistipurple said...

can understand how you felt. am one of those sensitive to exterior factors too. try to stay in the shade. helps.