Saturday, February 19, 2005

Not the best day to be out

At about close to 1 p.m. this afternoon, the skies looked good for photography. Yet, the weather was terribly hot and scorching. Anyway, I decided to get myself out of my home to take some photographs since the skies do seem to look good. There was a fair amount of clouds in the skies, and the colour of the skies was of a nice azure blue. This, was at least for the earlier part of the afternoon.

For me, the best thing about the hot weather is that there will be less people getting themselves outdoors and out in the sun. I love having lots of spaces to myself. I love being away from the crowds. At the same time, I have a clear preference to just take photographs of landscape, buildings and sceneries rather than people. The hot weather seemed to have helped me with this preference of mine. When I was up the roof top of the Esplanade, there were only a few folks up there. The folks must have been pretty put off by the heat from the hostile weather. The last time when I was there, there were so many people at the roof top that I could hardly take a single picture without having a human being in it.

However, at about 4 p.m., the colour of the skies turned rather pale and dull. Somehow, the skies seemed to be clouded with a thin layer of smoke-like particles. I could only make the best out of what was available, although I realised that I ended up taking less photographs after 4 p.m.

The weather has certainly been not quite pleasant today, but when I saw the photographs, I was quite consoled that at least a few of them turned out fine.

No comments: