Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Weird eating hours

It has been quite a busy day. I had just got home about slightly more than half an hour ago.

Let me attempt to make use of my weird eating times today to give you an update of my day.

I had breakfast at my usual time, i.e. about 7.15 a.m. on a workday. Then the day starts to get crazy.

Myself and my colleague were to conduct a series of one-to-one interview and a short group activity session with about 12 Primary School students starting from 12.30 p.m. this afternoon. These interviews and activity sesion were meant to help us shortlist suitable candidates for a ten-week group programme. To ensure that I would not go hungry half-way while conducting the interviews and activity, I had lunch at 11.15 a.m.

After the interviews and the activity, I returned to office to get my double bass bow. I happen to have a few hours of time-off to claim this afternoon. So at about 3 p.m., I left my office with my bow to proceed to the university. The task for me was to be at the university by 4.30 p.m. to help carry the double basses. Since I was supposed to have double bass sectional at 6 p.m, and I was feeling hungry from the early lunch, I had dinner at 4.10 p.m.

I was happy to attend sectional today. My double bass tutor gave guidance and pointers, and I felt these were useful in helping me play the first movement of the Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony better. Double bass sectionals and lessons with him have been enriching, even though there was some amount of stress. While my tutor may look serious, he is a patient teacher and inspiring tutor. The sectional has helped me play with greater confidence during the rehearsals.

After rehearsals, I helped with the transport of the instruments (more so the double basses). When I got home, it was close to 11.30 p.m. I wasn't very very hungry, but I felt I needed some food, and guess what? I had ice-cream at about 11.50 p.m.

Well, this is my day with weird eating hours.

No comments: