Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Caught the Fireworks

I was with Mystic this evening, and at about 9.25 p.m., I requested if we could walk towards the direction of Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. We decided not to take the underground walkways that led to the Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Instead, we took the path that required us to walk on the ground level.

At 9.30 p.m. sharp, we were nearby the War Memorial Park, I excitely shouted "Look fireworks". I had read about the fireworks earlier this morning in the Chinese newspapers but somehow it did not came to my mind that I could catch it. I had not quite planned to meet Mystic tonight. We had only confirmed our meeting earlier this morning. But we did not even plan to catch the fireworks, it just happened to display itself right in front of us at 9.30 p.m. this evening. We found a spot nearby to view the firework display seated down.

Tonight was Yuan Xiao and the organiser of the Singapore River Hongbao has arranged for a firework display on this very night. According to the newspapers, the firework display is to last for about 8 minutes. In Singapore, firework displays are considered comparatively rare treats. As such, the folks are generally willing to stop whatever they are doing to catch a firework display should they encounter one. We were one of those, at least, I was one of those folks. The fireworks looked nice, and it was with good luck that myself and Mystic had managed to catch it.

After enjoying the firework display, we headed towards Esplanade. All I had wanted was to enjoy the nice air-conditioning of the place. I love the spaciousness of the Esplanade, and that could have motivated me to request to go there.

Moving time back before 9.30 p.m., earlier in the evening, I met Mystic. Mystic had emailed her feedback regarding the rebonding service that she have had a few days ago to the hair-salon in concern, and was requested to go down the salon. I provided her with company. I just hope Mystic felt more attended to by the salon's Operations Manager. For now, I could only empathise with the burn that she had on her scalp from the rebonding and the previous poor service she had met with from the hair-stylist.

After that, we left for Bobby Rubino's. Mystic had to met someone there so I obliged. Perhaps out of goodwill, Mystic gave a treat to dinner for this evening. Probably, it was her way to thank a friend for keeping her company? Though I must emphasise that I would have prefer to pay for my share. Anyway, hopefully she gets one of her goals fulfilled soon, so that I could have an excuse to return her a treat.

Dinner at Bobby Rubino's was nice although the weather was rather hot and humid, and we were seated outdoors exposed to the ills from occasional cigarette smoke. Service was great, and the food was relatively good. I did not like the salads and coleslaw, but the ribs, the rice, the soup and the steak were adequately good. I think I had a different taste for food as compared to Mystic, she seemed to give the food higher ratings than I did. Anyway, I have an infamous reputation for being an awfully critical critic of food. Whatever it is, I thank Mystic for the treat. I hope she would work steadily towards her goals.

6 comments:

mistipurple said...

i am happy for you to have caught the fireworks. i am always thrilled when i can catch one. my family do think i am a little nuts. i don't quite blame them. i do act like a little kid when i do chance upon one.

Jammie J. said...

Ohhh! Fireworks! I love fireworks, too. :)

Goat Almighty said...

let me get this straight - you went out with a member of the x men?

oceanskies79 said...

Mistipurple: Yes, I was excited to see the fireworks.

Jeanette: Nice to know you love fireworks too. Have a good day. =)

Mr Loobz: I don't get your question. Would you like to clarify?

Goat Almighty said...

that's just me being annoying. mystic is a member of the superheroes (x men).

you must get used to my being annoying. heh. i do it on purpose.

oceanskies79 said...

Mr Loobz: Oh I see. As you can see, I am no fans of X-men, to know that mystic is a member of the superheroes. Take care meantime.