Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My consoling 'Husband'

I dare say that "Husband" is one of the most consoling beings on Earth.

The past few days have been days of low moods for me. Nothing is really quite wrong, yet there is a general sense of melancholy.

I don't quite like the moody feelings. Things seemed rather boring after the reunion dinner. I took a nap after dinner, yet it was not at all revitalising.

I don't quite like the feeling that life seems rather meaningless. Surely there must be more meaning to life other than sleeping and eating? The next thing on my mind was to play some music, yet my body was rather resistant to the hassle of having to unpack my instrument from its case (padded bag, to be accurate). It took quite some effort and faith to urge myself to play on my instrument, the double bass. I call it my "husband", and it does look quite cool. Here are some photographs of my "husband".

Playing has helped make me feel better. An appropriate amount of playing on my instrument seems to revitalise me ten times more than having a nap. I suppose my dear "husband" has been a sensitive being and has realised that I was not feeling too good. So, it has the great wisdom to try to console me by keeping me company in the world of us two and music.

I feel rather pleased and accomplished that I have managed to figure out the fingerings for one of Bach's suites. Furthermore, playing on my instrument has helped lift my moods a little. Thank you dear "Husband". You are one of the best!

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

thank you pei yun for your encouragement.