Sunday, May 08, 2005

8 May 2005

Today's yours truly birthday, so I thought I could try a test related to my birthdate. Please find my results below, though it surprised me that I have a gift for business. Do I? Then I must have not been utilising it fully. Here are my results.








Your Birthdate: May 8

Born on the 8th day of the month, you have a special gift for business, as you can conceive and plan on a grand scale.

You have good executive skills and you're a good judge of values.

You should try to own your own business, because you have such a strong desire to be in control.


You are generally reliable when it comes to handling money; you can be trusted in this regard.

Idealistic by nature, you are never too busy to spend some time on worthwhile causes, especially if managerial support are needed.

There is much potential for material success associated with this number.




****
This is also a post to thank those of you who have sent me your birthday greetings and well-wishes. I appreciate your thoughts and warm gestures.

Today also happens to be Mother's Day. One of my friends that I knew said that a child told her that one's birthday should be spent celebrating with one's mother for having given birth to oneself. Perhaps having my birthday this year coinciding with Mother's Day is a reminder to that. I have to thank my mother for her nurturance and for her trying to attend to me and the family. Happy Mother's Day!

****
Earlier this morning, I met J and T for brunch at Father Flanagan's, located at the basement of CHIJMES. It was Mother's Day, and so the restaurant which usually serves Sunday Brunch Menu took away its brunch menu just for today. Instead, it was serving Mother Day's Special Lunch. I was a little disapppointed that there was no brunch. Anyway, I tried the Irish Stew from the regular lunch menu. It was nice, though at the same time, very rich and filling. Is it common for Irish food to be rich and large in its serving?

The view was nice. We sat at a spot where we faced the courtyard of CHIJMES. We had quite a good time catching up.

While we had our meal, we have a magician who came up to our table, and gave us a magic show right at our table. He did some card tricks. I still have no idea how he had managed to do those card magic tricks. Three of us had our three pairs of eyes on his hands, and none of us spotted any loopholes. We also saw him entertaining the children with his balloons earlier when he was at another table. Father Flanagan's sure has its way to make the pub a homely place for the young and old, on this Mother's Day.

Meantime, the day has been a wet and rainy one. I look forward to a better weather.

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

happy birthday dear pei yun!
wanna be my business partner? :)

pinkie said...

Happy Birthday!

Lora said...

I missed your real birthday! I'm so horrified. Well then, Happy B-lated Birthday. It sounds like you had a good time.

I always love watching a good magician. I think I'm so clever and observant, but they get me everytime.

Irish stew is supose to be very thick and hearty, with lots of grease and serve with some coarse bread.

oceanskies79 said...

Mistipurple, Stephanie, Pinkie and Lora: Hi. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Makes my day brighter. =)

Lora: Thanks for the comments about Irish stew. So it sounds like it is supposed to be quite rich and filling. The stew that I had yesterday did not seem have a lot of grease though, but the stew was quite thick.

Waterfall said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Pei Yun! Sorry I missed your birthday--I don't typically check blogs on the weekend. Hope you have a wonderful birthday week!