Saturday, May 07, 2005

Good host award

I was invited to one of my good friends, JY's place of residence for lunch gathering this afternoon.

May I have the honour to confer her a Good Host Award? Her place of residence was quite a distance from the main road and most of the guests came by buses, and she offered to drive the guests from the main road to her place and vice versa. I thought that this was a thoughtful gesture of a good host.

Yours truly, ever so interested to strive to be independent, was able to find my way there without having to ask her for a drive in. I thank my relatively good sense of direction that I could manage to find my way to her place from the bus-stop.

Food was good. At least I had three helpings, though each helping was relatively not very large. Thanks to the host for hosting us all.

Our dear host also played The Incredibles and I, Robot. These sure entertained the guests. Even a none-movie-lover like myself could spend time watching these.

I also managed to meet and catch up a bit with a few friends and acquaintances that I got to see at the lunch gathering.

Thanks JY for the invitation, and for being a great host.

Thanks to JY and SH for the birthday gift too. It will sure come in handy.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

i have a bad sense of direction. i am so bad that i wouldn't know which side of the street i should take the bus from. if i don't want to get lost, i have to make a real effort and recognise the tracks that i've walked, even in a shopping complex.