Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What are my gifts?

Bear with me as I have lots of questions coming up everyday.

I was at Tonia's blog and came across this post on discerning a call. I am not a Christian, but I like to believe that each person has special gifts unique to himself/herself. This post makes me think deeper.

(For part I and II of the related posts by Tonia, please view The Book Notes--Water-Walking, Book Notes Part 2-Comparison, Fear, and Comfort.)(New Post: Book Notes Part 4--Honoring Your Raw Material)

I wonder what are my gifts? I am still hoping to discover. Many too much conditioning from the world has left me unclear in deciding what are imposed perceptions of my gifts, and what are my natural gifts?

Anyway, while trying to find my gifts, let me list some of the things I think I could do. But abilities may not necessary be gifts? If you could help me, you could share with me your observations of my gifts (more for people who know me personally, I suppose?).

- I can find my way around, especially with a map
- I can read a simple script even if it were turned 180 degrees around
- I can play the double bass
- I can sketch
- I can think of things from more than one perspective

and more?

***
I would think that if someone could shed light on me on the bigger question: How does one discover one's gifts and niche?, I might be able to be empowered enough to discover my own gifts for myself.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

you have many gifts. i could think off hand that you have the gift of patience, music, intelligence and most important of all... you have love in your heart.
py, love is the greatest gift of all. it conquers all.

T.K. Chapman said...

Thanks for referencing my blog. I don't mind at all. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic