Sunday, November 27, 2005

Degeneration of the physical body?

Last night, I met Emily for dinner. We had dinner at Carl's Jr. at Marina Square. That was my first time eating at Carl's Jr. The burgers tasted nice, I like the sauces and the generous servings.

It was so nice of Emily to bear with me when I was suffering in pain from indigestion and a poor stomache last evening. My digestive system hasn't been feeling well for the pas week and pardon me, I still have to work hard in acquiring the habit of chewing my food more diligently. Thank goodness that the pain went away by the time that we attended the concert by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. I have learnt that my secret medicine to lessening the feeling of pain is to find a quiet spot to recharge. That works most of the time.

I personally like the rendition of the First Symphony of Mahler as compared to Mozart's Symphony No. 29. I think Mahler's Symphony would sound better if it were played live, but this is simply a personal opinion. The orchestra sounded more coherent and together last night compared to many of its previous concert. This coherence could have made it possible for me to be attentive throughout this symphony which last almost an hour. Bravo! I think Edo De Waart has conducted the orchestra very well for Mahler's Symphony No. 1.

The double bass solo for the third movement of Mahler's First Symphony was something I (and perhaps Emily) was looking forward to. The fingerings that the soloist had used were so much more challenging than the one that I had chose to use for my music exams. The double bass solo was well-played and did not disappoint.

***

The mind was heavy when I got home last night. Could that be another sign of degeneration? This morning, I woke up and found my mind still pretty heavy. Pardon me, but I have not drunk any alcohol nor caffeine, where could this heavy feeling come from?

Strangely, the mood is that of gradually disassociating myself from the rest of the world...

6 comments:

mistipurple said...

i hope the pain was not because of what you had before the dinner, or the lack of silence perhaps in the afternoon?
er.. i have pains often. mine are due to acid hyper acting and not because i am not eating. occasionally i take a pill or two, and the pain is well taken care of. indigestion is also one of the symptoms. needless to say, mine are due to stress.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Mistipurple, I doubt it was because of what I had before the dinner or the lack of silence.

My way of trying to remind myself to relax when I am at risk of feeling stressed is to talk slowly. It helps many of the times.

mistipurple said...

:) that's a relief to hear!

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: It was nice to do something different from my normal routine. I do need respite from the regular routine at times. Thanks for offering some chance for me to do so.

pinkie said...

Carls Junior! Had that with C... oh my, the burger is too much for me!

mistipurple said...

may i tell you again, at the risk of sounding longwinded, my team and i appreciated your help. :)