Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Navigating through life

I wonder if people in their twenties have as questions as I have about life? Are my questions normal questions to have? How did people who have live past their twenties manage with these questions?

Is there a framework, that helps one better navigate through life? Is there a framework which while does not guarantee no failure, but would allow one to become more resilient, stronger and more compassionate with experiences?

People seem to make a subject out of Maths, Science and etc. But there is this common subject that everyone seems to have to take without much awareness. The subject of life. It is compulsory. Is there a function to it? Is there a reason to one's existence?

What is one's place in this world? Is there one? How does one find it when one is unsure what it is?

Not wise to understand the intricacies of life. Feeling that there is no guide to follow. And so has to walk the paths unknown to carve a feasible path for oneself.

Perhaps all is a walk of faith, that some of the answers shall gradually be revealed?

7 comments:

pinkie said...

Life is a big word. Life is monre than Maths and science. Life's framework to me used to be... study, work, get married, have children, happily ever after. This is the standard life most people want.

Never did I expect a diversion in my life... so if there is really a framework, it would be like an old tree with lotsa roots branching out til no end.

I started taking stock of my life when I was 28. I din get what I wanted at first, i.e. to work and/or upgrade myself and finally with a twist of fate, I got it at the expense of my children.

Should life be destined or what u can make it out to be? I would think it's the latter. There are regrets but life goes on... and I know I'll just have to make the best out of my life.

Resilience comes from accumulated experiences and learning the hard way.

If you are still searching, take your time... but dun take too long cos most people end up nowhere when they think too long.

JMHO

mistipurple said...

some people may get the answers. some don't. my answer is always the same. i like to keep things simple and basic. i pray, but i do not want to impose that on you. spiritual needs are somewhat different from physical or material needs. this is my personal feel on how i get my own life going.

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Thanks for sharing from your experiences. While moving on, I am searching, but I wonder if the process would require one to take simple steps, or to make major changes?

what does JMHO stands for?

Mistipurple: May i ask what keeping things simple and basic is like?

Hilda said...

Don't worry, you're not alone with your thoughts and questions. I am going through the same thing and I'm in my 30's now. All we can do is hope that it will work itself out. In the meantime we have to try to enjoy the present as best we can.

Anonymous said...

Everyone has these questions I believe.
The trick is not to try to answer them, because the questions are our purpose of being. At least that's what I think of it.

Just live day by day.

pinkie said...

JMHO - just my humble opinion

There must be pros and cons taking small or big steps... weigh them perhaps? Just like I'm contemplating taking up inline skating, I know I might fall, so do I take the risk or do what I can to protect myself e.g. wear protective gears? And I know I lack courage now... I need lotsa courage to make the first step! I'm gathering courage now... me a scaredy cat still... hehe...

mistipurple said...

my idea of keeping things simple and basic is, if i can get to point b in a straight line, i would. that includes tasks and friendship and generally everything. the basic thing for me would be to keep in better health, both physically and spiritually.